PACAS will be at the next World ATM Congress 2017, taking place in Madrid, 7-9 March 2017.
World ATM Congress brings together the entire global air traffic management (ATM) community to discuss the latest ATM trends and developments. In such context, PACAS will take part into a public workshop on the “SESAR 2020 Exploratory Research: Human Factors supporting Automation in ATM“, to be held on the 09th of March at FABEC Theatre.
The workshop will present different approaches to analysing human factors in highly automated ATC environments and proposing solutions to address potential adverse effects as well. The workshop aims at:
- Offering an overview of the progress made in the exploration of the automation and human factors field;
- Sharing information on the latest state of the art in the exploratory research on automation;
- Enabling cooperation between the different projects by identifying synergies and complementarities among them;
- Identifying further developments in automation to serve as a reference for the exploratory research programme.
The event is oriented to all the ATM professionals interested in the effects of automation on the human performance. Participation is free and open to everyone willing to join the workshop.
Projects involved in the workshop
In order to achieve the workshop’s goals, it is essential that projects dealing with Human factors in automation and under several topics present their results. Therefore, the event includes:
- Five projects on Automation, robotics and autonomy. They will present their research on the effects of automation on human factors (AUTOPACE, TACO, AGENT, STRESS, MINIMA).
- In addition, two projects from the topic High-performing airport operations, presenting its human factors assessment on augmented reality application (RETINA) and the exploration of key multimodal stimuli to enhance the sense of presence experience by ATCOs in remote towers (MOTO).
- Finally, a project within the Innovative ATM architecture. It will present how the ATM system could appropriately implement the achievements the project identified in automation (PACAS).
Visit the World ATM Congress website to know more.